Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I go through them so fast so 5 lbs is like a tiny amount to me.
I take 3, cut them in half, and blend them in some milk for a thick chunky smoothie. Or, I slice them up in little chunks and eat them with blueberries and milk for breakfast. Put them on top of waffles, freeze them in slices for a fast cold treat, make a nectarine cobbler, etc.. 5 lbs really isn't that much.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathryn
a thick chunky smoothie.
Isn't that an oxymoron?
:

Nectarines: I'd bake with them -- a pie, a crisp, an upside-down cake, etc. Or poach them in some red wine and cardamom for an elegant dessert.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Make Nectarine Clafouti! Clafouti is like a pudding/custard cake and originates from France. It's the easiest recipe in the world.

Nectarine Clafouti (Good also with plums, peaches, cherries, apricots, etc)

INGREDIENTS:

* 6 tbsp sugar (I use honey and reduce the sweetener a bit)
* 5-6 nectarines, quartered and pitted
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/3 cups milk (I use kefir)
* 2/3 cup flour (can use whole wheat or mixture of flours of choice)
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 1 pinch sea salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp Lemon or orange zest (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

- Butter a 10 inch pie plate, and sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar over the bottom.
- Arrange the fruit so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie plate. Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar over the top of the fruit.
- Mix together rest of the ingredients until smooth. Pour over the fruit in the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in an oven preheated to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), or until firm and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, or top with powdered sugar if desired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.