Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a wonderful cranberry bread recipe last year and I cannot find it! I do not have any oranges in the house and refuse to go to the store, so anything without oranges would be great!! I promised my Dad cranberry bread when the monkey and I go visit them this evening.
TIA!!
Mel

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
i have a cranberry pumpkin one ... YUUUUMMMMMMMY.

PUMPKIN CRANBERRY BREAD

1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup picked-over fresh or frozen cranberries

Preheat oven to 350° F. and butter a loaf pan, 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together pumpkin, sugar, water, eggs, and oil. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices and stir just until batter is smooth. Stir in cranberries and spoon batter into loaf pan, spreading evenly.
Bake bread in middle of oven 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean, and cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack and cool completely. Bread may be made 4 days ahead and chilled, covered.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YUMMMY!!!!!! I think I will have to make that one next time! I ended up searching all over the place and finally found a recipe of John Kerry's. It wasn't very good. Too bland and all of the cranberries and nuts sunk to the bottom. (hummm...I really don't like his politics and I find him a bland person. Coincidence?)

Have a great day!!!
Mel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts