Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since I am hopefully going to be TTC soon, I should probably get my butt to the dentist. I am a big chicken about the dentist, and therefore put off going. Plus, despite flossing, brushing, and rinsing twice a day I always have cavities, which doesn't really make me excited about going either, kwim?

So I need a recommendation for a good dentist, a nice dentist, a dentist who understands that spending thousands of dollars on dental work is stressful (I cried at my last dental visit when they thought for a second that I might need another root canal...it freaked them out completely, but then they didn't charge me for the visit, so it worked out).

I live in NW Raleigh and work at Duke, so somewhere around either of those places would be great. I saw one thread where people recommended someone in Mebane, but since I'll have to take off work to go, that's just too far for me.

Hopefully somebody will recommend someone who is actually on my insurance (Ameritas for dental, I think)!

·
Registered
114 Posts
http://www.whitleyandbensondds.com/

I've been going to this practice for years and years now. I'm not sure what insurance they take, but they are reasonable on fees and what services they advise you to get. They have always been gentle and in tune with any fears that I've come in with. Excellent chair side manner.

Good luck--don't put it off any longer, just do it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.