Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh mamas...its been a hard pg for me so far. Mostly because of the anxiety and depression that I suffer from. Dh and I just seem so far apart...like light years. I feel like I am in constant prayer about something. I am always worried that something is wrong with the baby, or at times I feel so disconnected from the baby. I want to bond, but so many outside things keep me from having that 'us' time.
: I want to cry so bad. I have a level III U/S coming up, and I am terrified. I haven't felt any definite movement yet, so everything just feels like abstract to me. And, this morning I dreamed that my placenta came out of me, but that my pg kept on. I was so scared in my dream. My NP suggested putting me back on meds, since things are getting harder for me. I just really need some encouragement here.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts

I'm so sorry you are going through all this! I feel the same way about my DH too. There's just no connection there either. I don't feel bonded with this baby yet either. I barely have time to sit & think about or try feeling this baby move, and I feel guilty about that too. My U/S is coming up too, and I'm nervous thinking there might be something wrong.

I hope you start feeling better, even if it means taking meds. I'm taking some too, and it's not the end of the world. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going well. I hope that you receive comforting news at your u/s and that that really helps you to connect with your baby.

Take care.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Mama, you sound pretty stressed. I am sorry.

I hope your US is a wonderful experience that gives you some long term peace.

I had had anxiety issues in my life and it is so hard to manage them during pregnancy because so much of it gets focused on the pregnancy and the baby.

When I was pregnant with DD2 I ended up going on meds in the third trimester and it was a good thing for us. Also, as soon as the baby was born, things got much better for me emotionally. I think the hormones really played a role in that situation.

It is a tough decision to make and I wish you lots of confidence as you follow your path.

I think it is so hard to be connected to our partners as we parent young children, and it is especially hard when we are dealing with isolating diseases. Is there a chance you guys can get away for a few hours and do something fun that you used to do, like go for dinner or even a movie? Sometimes just doing something that used to be "Normal" for you as a couple can be reinvigorating because you remember that you still are a couple even though you have this crazy hectic life now.

Hang in there Mama, you will get through this and it won't always be this sucky.

ND

PS edited to add: I was just thinking today of making a post about our experiences being med free/or-not in this pregnancy. I have come to a realization that a lot of stuff that has been going on for me is probably related to my SSRI-less state right now. Pretty interesing, but heavy, stuff. I am sure there are several of us here too.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I am sorry that you are having a tough time, mama. I have been surprised at how blue I have felt some days. Hormones are such powerful monsters. Try not to beat yourself up too much about it. Cry if you need to. I think I cried almost all day on Sunday, for one reason or another. It made me feel a lot better.

I don't have any advice about meds, but want to give you support. I hope you ultrasound goes well. It will be amazing to see the little one move!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
you aren't the only one mama. I don't feel much of a connection with this baby either and I've been pretty gloomy thus far. I don't have any advice or anything, but couldn't let you post this and not send some support and
your way.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sending a virtual hug your way. Times like this I wish I could give (and receive) more IRL hugs to other mamas. No advice, just wanted to offer some support.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am on meds, have been for years and actually just had to increase them because i was struggling a lot...my doc told me from the beginning that we may have to increase the dose as the pregnancy progresses because your fluid levels are so much higher that you aren't getting the same concentration. it is, of course a very personal decision but i strongly believe that this baby needs me to be as well as possible, both in utero and after s/he is born.

i hope you get the support you need. hugs.

·
Registered
367 Posts
for you, Mama.

You are not alone. My baby doesn't seem to be moving much, either, and I am 20 weeks and 4 days today. I had a level II ultrasound this past Monday (ordered due to my advanced maternal age
), and I was so nervous in the days leading up to it, that I thought I was going to lose it.

I also have a strained relationship with dh; he is a bit complicated. I cried virtually non-stop from late April to middle of June because of problems that we were having, as well as being fired from my teaching job for no reason at all.

But the ultrasound went well without any indication of problems. The baby wasn't thrashing about on the monitor, but she was moving her arms and legs. I am still waiting for those substantial kicks, but from what the tech and doctor told me, and from what I've read on my own on the net, it's VERY normal not to feel much movement before 24 weeks. I read one very interesting article that noted the possibility of the psychology of the baby playing a role in how much movement he or she will demonstrate in the womb. A quiet fetus might turn out to be an especially quiet but otherwise perfectly normal child.

I know I am still going to worry anyway, since this is my nature. I feel it helps to take quiet walks. It also helps to write in my diary. I essentially sound like a madwoman in it, and so I keep it on my computer with a password.

I wish you all the best and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.