Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Ok, I've been on here the past week or so. I surely thought I was pregnant but I'm still getting a negative on the HPTs.  I'm really confused and need some insight.  At this point, I haven't written off pregnancy completely yet because these past couple of weeks have been too coincedental for me to think otherwise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, run down:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was due to ovulate on 11/12 and we had sex during my highest fertile time.  Shortly after, about 6 days or so, I was having some cramping like very, very mild AF cramps.  This was about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before AF was actually due.  Well, AF was due this past Friday, the day after Turkey day.  Well, I had some pinkish discharge spotting when I wiped on Thanksgiving that started in the morning (looked like implantation spotting as I am familiar with it from previous pregnancy).  I got really excited. That lasted throughout the day and only when I wiped. Later that night, in the middle of the night, the cramping was a little worse but nothing like AF cramps.  There was a little more blood when I wiped with some clots, but again, nothing like AF as my AF is always the first days of severe bleeding with tampons evey hour and Motrin every six!  At that point, I thought my period was coming so I put a tampon in.   Took the tampon out and it had nothing on it.  Back to panty liners.  Anyway, the next day (Saturday) was very, very minor pinky spotting again and maybe one or two occasions of the light bleeding when I wiped.  I had one spot on Sunday and that was the end of that.  My normal period is very heavy and lasts 4 days.  This was a very light period which peaked my suspicion.  The clots in the blood are throwing me off though.  They were small clots.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've also been nauseous a bit, nothing serious, but noticeable off and on.  My nipples will get tingly (again, another familiar feeling with first pregnancy), but nothing serious either.  It's like a mild tingling. My boobs hurt terribly with my first and it doesn't feel like that right now.  I took a test yesterday, negative. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm just terribly confused and really want to know what is going on.  It's like it's there, but my levels are too low or something.  I'm trying to be patient but it's getting harder because I just want to know if I am. If I'm not, it's okay too but I just want to know what is going on. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can't accept the fact that it was a weird period because like I said, in the last 15 years, i've never had a weird period so something else is going on. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it still possible I could be pregnant and for some reasons my levels are still too low?  And if they are low at this point, is that bad?  Anyway, I made an appt with the doctor tomorrow for a blood test, but I think I may hold off on that until I at least take another HPt myself in a few days.  I'm waiting for more symptoms to come too.    Thanks guys.</p>

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
<p>the not knowing is so hard. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>i just wanted to comment on one part of your post - i have had normal periods for years and in the middle of TTC i had a weird 45 day cycle with negative tests.  turned out i had a cyst that was causing me not to get my period.  got that taken care of and periods went back to normal. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>the bleeding and the clots would worry me if i was you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>go get the blood test done, i'd want to know vs continuing to wait and wonder.</p>

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>What could the clots actually mean?  I've been wondering that. Also, if something weird happened, like ectopic, would hCG show up in the blood test, or would it be negative?  Also,tomorrow wouldn't be too soon for a blood test would it? I don't think it would but I guess sometimes people take longer to build up hCG and am wondering if that is what's going on.</p>

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
<p>for me clots = miscarriage.  it could be that you are having a very early miscarriage.  they could also mean nothing at all and you have a happy little bean that's not putting out enough hormones yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and no, i don't think the blood testing is too early.  when i was going to the RE they had me in there the moment you got a positive on a pregnancy test - which could be up to 5 days prior to your period being due.  they wanted to get baseline numbers.  they'll make you go back and retest in a few days to see if the numbers climb.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts