Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out about the Wonderoos special a few days ago. I had been thinking of getting 1/2 dozen small FB and then 1 dozen FB when baby is ready for mediums (in addition to a main stash of UBCPF's/covers). This Wonderoos special is on my mind though - they would be cheaper and last longer because they are onesize.

So now I am thinking of getting a combo of Wonderoos and FB, but I just can't decide how many of each. I'm thinking about more of the Wonderoos now because of the special, and then I can get more FB later if I decide they are better.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sara
EDD 10-02-04

· Registered
3,344 Posts
hmmm....maybe a doz Wonderoos since they are on such a great special and 6 small FB. Well, I say a doz b/c that's what I use more often than not...pocket dipes - but for some reason I still can't stop buying wool - lol. Maybe you should just buy 6 wonderoos in case you don't like them? but then again, you can always sell them on ebay and prob get almost allyour money back if you dont like them.
I don't mind the inners of wonderoos - they're suedecloth as opposed to microfleece, which pills.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
I like wonderoos on my 30+ lb toddler (much more so than FB) but I sure can't imagine them fitting a newborn well or holding in BF poo very well.

I'd suggest buying 3 wonderoos in addition to your small FB stash and then hold off on the med FB until you need them. Once your baby grows out of the small FB you can decide which one to buy more of.

I think that FB do better with runny poo but wonderoos are nicer overall once they fit properly.

· Registered
5,777 Posts
I say get a few of each and try them. My personal preference after trying both is that I love Wonderoos and dont like FB much at all. We use only Wonderoos for week days at preschool.

I find that W fit better, are more trim because they are suedecloth rather than the fleece used in FBs and are more worth the money because they are onesize. The inside being suedecloth stays looking new forever and doesnt get pilly and yucky looking like the fleece in FBs. With a trim insert in the Wonderoo they are as trim as sposies under clothes. And we never have leaks.

I know lots of people like FBs and I thought they were ok until I tried Wonderoos and now I am just super happy with them. The only pocket diaper I have tried that I like better are Beccabottoms pockets but those are super hard to get (and more expensive if you need a lot of them).

Good luck!

· Registered
3,613 Posts
i just tried a wonderoo today on my 9 lber and it worked great! i like the soft inner of sudecloth plus when i washed it-it was 99% dry out of the washer!!! i also took advantage of the sale and want them to work because of their one size. also i bf so she poo'd in it and it was all held in the diaper

· Registered
731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophiasmomma
i just tried a wonderoo today on my 9 lber and it worked great! i like the soft inner of sudecloth plus when i washed it-it was 99% dry out of the washer!!! i also took advantage of the sale and want them to work because of their one size. also i bf so she poo'd in it and it was all held in the diaper

me too
I have both kind. roos fit my son right away. he was 9 1/2 born and is now up to 11 something.
I love the suede inner of the roos. it comes so clean and doesnt get pilly like my f/b
my f/b fit trimmer but I do have to keep upsizing.
either way you decide is good. they both have great resale value!

· Registered
2,821 Posts
I used Wonderoos on my baby at 11 lbs, but never liked them as well as my Fuzzi Bunz. My 4 1/2 month old is still in small Fuzzi Bunz during the day (mediums at night), so you may want more than 6 smalls.

· Registered
2,538 Posts
I tried a Wonderoo on DS and didn't like the fit at all. I definitely prefer the fit of Fuzzibunz, and they're effectively a 2-size system for us because I don't think my slender DS will ever grow out of the mediums (famous last words, ha!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.