Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself wanting to be hands free when going out with my dd. If we're just running errands, in andout of shops, i just leave her in her car seat instead of wearing her. I have started to hate my purse because it always falls off my shoulder. What does everyone use for carring their stuff? I have been on the lookout for a small backpack type of bag but i haven't found one i like yet.
tia, chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a diaper bag that looks like a navy backpack (or I just use a regular backpack!) it came with a matching changing pad and is not too big or too small. I throw my wallet and keys etc. in there. It has space for sippy cups on the side. Some baby carriers do have pockets but I have three kiddos so need something a bit bigger than a pocket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a "fanny" pack. (I put fanny in quotations as brits consider the fanny as the vagina as i'm told
) I don't fasten it around my waist b/c that would require valuable seconds. Instead, I just keep it in the loosest position so that it's like having a really long strap and I just hang it across my shoulder. It has 2 zippers, i.e. 1 opens up to a slightly bigger compartment than the other. So the bigger holds my wallet and cell and the other holds my keys and coupons.

I don't carry anything else in there. Everything is within a zippers reach. And as soon as I put it on I know if i'm missing my wallet/cell/keys by it's weight and "bulkiness". Anything else goes in the diaper bag.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I just got one of the mini mom about town bags and looooooooove it! It is the perfect size for a diaper or two, wipes, a water bottle, snack cup, wallet, keys, phone, checkbook, glasses... has an outside pocket and four inner ones. The strap is adjustable. When I carry Elaina on my hip or put her in the shopping cart I wear it across my body; when she's in the mei tai I put it on my shoulder.

http://momabouttown.com/category.html?UCIDs=1229618

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzypeach
I just got one of the mini mom about town bags and looooooooove it! It is the perfect size for a diaper or two, wipes, a water bottle, snack cup, wallet, keys, phone, checkbook, glasses... has an outside pocket and four inner ones. The strap is adjustable. When I carry Elaina on my hip or put her in the shopping cart I wear it across my body; when she's in the mei tai I put it on my shoulder.

http://momabouttown.com/category.html?UCIDs=1229618
Those bags are beautiful!!!! Now, I want one....me and my obsession with bags...
:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
There is an awesome baby carrier/diaper bag that I love
love
love!!!! Its called the Sidekick and its by Parents of Invention. You can get it at target.com... its kinda pricey $80, but again... I LOVE it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.