Mothering Forum banner

Need a No Vaxx Ped Recmd for Ft. Myers area

300 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  beanandpumpkin
I am new to the area and trying to find a ped that a least believes in a parent's right to choose whether or not to vaccinate and won't apply major pressure or threaten to report me for neglect.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx.
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I will be watching this thread. I use Island Coast Pediatrics, and unfortunately, I fully vax'd my 4 1/2 year old DD until she was 2, so I haven't had to fight with them about it yet. I have a bad feeling though, because when my new DD was born, we took her in and were hassled about not giving her the vitamin K shot or the eye ointment. The Dr. tried to scare us into thinking that our newborn was going to bleed to death if we didn't get the shot. I think we were black marked as soon as we said we had a homebirth. Then he started with the condescending "And do you vaccinate your children?"
: I won't be seeing that particular doctor again, and I do have one that I really like (Dr. Troast) at that practice, but I have never dealt with the no vax issue with him so I'm not sure what he will say (although he was fine with me refusing the HepB shot for my new babe). If anyone has a non-vax friendly doctor in this area, I would love to know!
See less See more
Taking notes...

I reluctantly vaccinated DD, she is 2, for silly reasons and even more because "If I knew then what I know now". We were seeing Dr. Blitzer at PPC, she's kinda weird. I've been in the market for a new ped for a while. We rarely go to the doctor so it's not a big deal at the moment.
I'm in Port Charlotte, but I can recommend Dr. Holganza in PC personally, and I have two non-vaxing friends who use Dr. Luis Rodrigues (sp?). It might be too far for you to drive, but if you don't do well-baby checks on schedule either, it might be doable if there's no one in your area.

Good luck!
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts