Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my now-11.5yo turned 8, we got rid of his booster seat. He's still under 80lbs, and will be lucky if he breaks that by 12! But he's also 5' tall.<br><br>
DD is about to turn 8, and I've only just noticed that her HBB is making the seat belt positioning all wrong. It's coming over below her shoulder. I'm wondering whether that would change with just a little bottom booster, or if that would have the same problem.<br><br>
Regardless, I have to start thinking slim, as I'm going to have 3 kids across the back row of my minivan come December.<br><br>
DD is only 51" tall and 59lbs. Looking at her, I think she'd be fine without a booster, but I know that's not the recommendation. Any tips on what might be a good (SLIM) fit?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
What booster is she in now, and how does it fit in the car? (Do you need something slimmer?)

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
The Graco Turbobooster is pretty slim and has adjustable height. It's pretty highly rated and I like ours a lot.<br><br>
At 4'3", she's got another 6 inches before she can be out of a booster. I moved ds at 8 1/2, and he was 4'8 1/2" tall. But we've got a small car and he's got a long torso. He passed all the requirements. Your dd isn't close, I don't think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts