Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16mo ds has been happily napping during the day in a baby papasan cradle swing. He has been doing this since I returned to work when he was 6mo. He is at home with our babysitter during the day and they have a great nap routine. The problem - he is outgrowing the swing and he has always needed something to help him sleep - we so-sleep and nurse to sleep at night and for naps on weekends. I've searched the internet for something similar to the cradle swing that will accommodate a toddler, but have come up empty handed. I'm starting to think that it may just be time for a toddler bed. If anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice, I would be grateful!

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Could the sitter rock with him in a rocking chair? Or could you find a child sized rocking chair (DD has a baby seat that converted to a rocking chair, it has a lap belt) that he could sleep in (with the lap belt in place and the sitter rocking the chair with their foot till he fell asleep)?

Not a great solution, but maybe enough to hold you over while you look for other ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. DS eventually would go to sleep if the sitter rocks him, but the problem is he can't be put down anywhere without waking up. He's been like that since day 1 and we've never been able to allow ourselves to let him CIO. I've seen those baby to toddler rockers, so I guess I'll consider that. I checked out the baby Amby hammock, and the suggested weight range was up to 25 lbs. However, there was a new, heavier spring available that went up to 40kg as mentioned by pp. I'll have to check out the metric conversion, because it looks like he might actually like the hammock. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts