Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. My sister is due with her 2nd (biological) child in 5 weeks. The other day on the phone I asked her if she's going to BF and she said "probably not". I asked why and she said she "can't go through that again".

I didn't have the best advice because I was completely misinformed when I had my son and only BF for a week
: BUT, here's my sister's background...

She BF her first born daughter for 3 months. She ended up quitting and switching to formula because she was producing TONS AND TONS of milk. According to her, she'd sleep with towels in her bra and still wake up in a puddle of milk, soaking wet. Basically, her boobs were constantly leaking milk.

So my question is, is there a solution to this? She fed her daughter on demand and it still happened. Is there anything she can do to prevent this with her upcoming baby and have a good BF relationship? I really don't want to see her not even try, KWIM?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

that kellymom link has TONS of great info! i'm e-mailing it to her right now. thanks so much, mamas.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sudafed also lowers milk supply. My LC recommended either that or peppermint altoids (the peppermint oil has the same effect).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts