Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Moms,
I'm new to this forum. My 5 month old baby girl has a tongue-tie problem and I only found out it last week. She frequently cry a few minutes after feeding and also shows some discomfort while feeding. As a new mom, I thought that am feeding her in the wrong way. Meanwhile, I made sure that am doing the right way, but the baby didn't stop crying. Then I checked her and realized that my little one was facing a tongue-tie problem for the last 5 months. I'm felt really bad, and I don't know how to handle it. I feel sad when I look at my baby.. One of my friends told me to fix this problem surgically as it can cause speech problems in the future. Does anyone have a similar problem for your child? I would like to hear from you. Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you Lins, for your reply.
I decided to take surgery for her. I contacted the nearest surgeon, and he advised me to visit the clinic as soon as possible. He also gave me courage by saying that this problem is very common and will not cause pain to my baby. He explained that it would not need a huge surgical device, and the process is just cutting and releasing the frenulum and is quite an easy process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts