Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I had a sling from BRU for my son but didn't use it a whole lot. I found it very uncomfortable and he didn't fit in it well until he could sit up on his own. Is there a better choice especially for a small baby (now that I'll have two I plan to "wear" my 2nd child). I did get a baby carrier that you can wear as a backpack or on the front. I really liked that with DS but don't think it would work great for a newborn...any insight?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The carrier you got was probably a Nojo or OTSBH type of sling. I'd recomend a unpadded sling. Many people find a padded sling bulky and uncomfortable and hard to adjust. There are many man y more options. A good place to start is www.thebabywearer.com they have a ton of info on baby carriers and links to 100+ carriers easy. Goodluck!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree- unpadded all the way. The idea of a big bulky sling on my in addition to a hot sweaty wiggle baby makes me ill! I also prefer the adjustable kind. DH and I can wear the same sling and he is 6'4" and I'm 5'!

Plus then you can loose/gain weight w/o having to reinvest in a new sling!

The baby packs are nice but I found them too hot and they take too long to get on and off.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I love my pouch (KKAFP) for my newborn. I find it much easier to use than my ring sling (but I'm kind of uncoordinated when it comes to adjusting them, so it's probably just me). Since summer is coming up, though, it might be a little hot for you, but there are lots of other pouch options out there. My DS just loves being in his pouch in the T2T position.

Good luck with your decision!

ETA: just saw your siggie and saw that you're due in Nov., so the fleece pouch might work for you, after all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.