Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello<br><br>
here is my history, me 29 oh no just turning 30....dh 33 years old....ttc for 3 years, no hopes....clomid no results.... did 2 iui no success.... i am totaly very sensitive and cant take any more failures..... i am even sacred needle prick for blood test for routine yearly check up....., but my baby dreamS I am now ready to take my last choice for IVF..... though i decided that i am so scared of this procedure.....and is outcome......<br><br><br>
my doctor has agreed for shared risk program but they say i should be ready for transfer of 3 embryos or 2 blastocysts............i am not happy with that, since i am overwhelmed with this whole procedure.......i feel the doctor should give me the choice how many i need to transfer......i am scared of multiples,so not want extra transfer but i want success also so not sure if just one will do or risk on multiples to increase chance????...............i dont know what i should do..................please advice me

·
Registered
18 Posts
My advice is to only transfer one if that is what you are comfortable with...and let your Dr. know this. Also, the IVF process is long and fairly complicated so be sure to ask lots of questions and research the process so you can feel more comfortable.<br><br>
Best of luck with your journey.<br><br>
Jasmine

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would ask the doctor what your odds are for multiples if you transfer 3 embryos or 2 blasts. Depending on your age and infertility circumstances, your risk of multiples may be quite low. I would also ask what your odds of getting pregnant are if you only transfer 1. Then you can have a little bit more information before you make your decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would also just make sure that you are in a good place for you and dh. It is a huge strain on what already is a crappy situation, and being in a good place will make things so much easier.<br><br>
Good Luck to you, may the decision you make be a happy one for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts