Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He didn't mean to bite me, just got distracted and forgot to let go before he pulled away. It didn't really hurt then but now the little cut is infected and it hurts like a mofo. And I'm clogging up from avoiding nursing on that side.

Remind me how to heal this up - never has happened to me before. Dry wound care, fresh air, a/b ointment, hot compresses... anything else?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Have you expressed breastmilk on it and then let it air dry? As long as you're not prone to yeast lots of Lansinoh. It'll make it feel much better. You can take extra vitamin C (and E) to help speed up healing too. Hope it gets better soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had excellent results with epsom salt soaks. I make up a little bowl with warm water and soak the damaged nipple. Then I rinse with clean water and let air dry. I do the soaks as often as I can, up to every hour/two hours for a day or so. It really has helped heal slightly infected scratches on my nipples. It's also been good if I can go bra-free and loose, soft shirts so the area isn't irritated further. Lanolin and other ointments always made things worse for me or didn't help at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts