Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I posted in another thread that my son tested positive for the flu yesterday.  Since it seems to be making it's rounds (all three of my kids have had it this week), I think it may be trying to get me.  I'm just over 9 weeks pregnant and want to be careful with what I take, so I really need advice.  I'm achy (headache, body aches), mucus draining like a waterfall, bad cough., a bit nauseous (although that could be the morning sickness), although no fever...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can I take oscillococcinum?  I have 3 vials of the children's dose at my house. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>One of my favorite go-to remedies is ACV in warm water with honey.  Is that ok to take?  What about grapefruit seed extract or elderberry syrup?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll be making myself some 24-hr turkey broth that I have in my freezer, because I know that always helps. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there anything else I can do?  I feel like ca-ca.</p>

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
<p>I would take elderberry syrup and the oscillio well I have been actually. Im 8 months pregnant and I think DD has the flu too :( How about Extra C and zinc? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Broth is great too! and of course stay away from sugar,dairy and maybe even wheat. My 2 cents :)</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts