Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
312 Posts
Cut the
off! The sooner you start removing his tentacles from your life, the better off you and your DS will be. You can see he is controlling you, and that is a good first step, awareness. Keep moving forward, mama.

From a practical standpoint, approach your bank about getting an auto loan. I recently had a similar my-car-in-his-name dilemma, and we weren't married, so I had no legal right to the car. My dad co-signed a loan with me and I make payments of less than $100/mo. on a 1996 Sentra. Not a fancy car by any means, but a great reliability reputation and cheap on gas. And, best of all, it's mine, all mine!

· Banned
312 Posts
I just re-read your OP, and had a thought (uh-oh, dangerous
): he "says" he will give you the car. What guarantee do you have of this? Well, if it's just a verbal agreement, absolutely none. My guess is every penny of your hard-earned money will not satisfy this, erm, person. A lawyer is absolutely worth it! They will stand up to this, erm, person, and make sure the rights of you and your son are taken care of and you will have minimal contact with this person who still holds such sway over you. Then you can take the guilt you feel to the counsellor, who will help you work through all you're feeling.

, mama. Take care of yourself and DS. Those are the only people in question you owe anything to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.