Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure whats happening with my tooth extraction. long story short, i had a root canal with a temp filling. i was hopign to make it to the beg'ing of the year to get the crown but the tooth cracked last week and it had to be extracted (cracked all teh way down the middle).<br><br>
i had it extracted yesterday around 2:30pm. they prescribed Darvacett. between then and this morning, i went through 11 Darvacett and that felt like it wasnt touching the pain. I called this am and they called in some Tylenol #4 and that is still not touching the pain. I just feel drugged up, but in a lot of pain.<br><br>
I intend on calling the dentist tomorrow am b/c i dont think this is normal. The oral surgeon admitted this was a difficult extraction, mainly b/c the tooth was healthy other than the crack (which occured b/c it didnt have a crown on it). he had to drill the tooth in half, and then drill holes in bits of the tooth in order to get it out. a procedure he expected to take about 10 minutes ended up taking about 40 minutes. it was horrible while it was going on also.<br><br>
now im worried. i am still almost exclusively bf'ing and the baby has only drank from a bottle a few times (bm of course...but he's not happy with bm at all).<br><br>
i suspect i may have some complications. there may be an infection.<br><br>
can someone help me figure out what i can take if they say i have an infection? or what i should do. i hate to take antibiotics and really hate taking medication at all, but i have never felt this much pain in my life (and ive had 2 c/ss and one natural c/b). I am NOT exaggerating when i say that either.<br><br>
tia<br><br>
rach

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt think percocet was good with nursing. im going in at 3 to see if i have an infection.<br><br>
i am on probiotics. ill go to the vax forum and post. i was goign to do that at first b/c i know i get more responses over there but i didnt want it to be moved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts