Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one in my life AP so don't have anyone for advice or guidance.

My DS is 17 mos we breastfeed (For nap and bed and usually mid morning and/or afternoon) and eat solids (3 meals 2 snacks). We also EC and use cloth diapers due to him peeing anywhere and everywhere for misses. He has always been very attached to me perhaps a little needy or spirited
He is baby number one so not sure. He is a normal toddler pushing the limits and full of energy I have NEVER seen him wear himself out and crash even as a baby he was very alert.

My problem is sleep and all the breast feeding that goes with it. I guess I need a light at the end of tunnel. I get SO frustrated sometimes that I have started to dispise anything to do with sleep.

DS only goes to sleep BF but kicks and hits and scratchs, and pulls my hair. UGH! You all laugh in agreement
Sometimes I want to give up due to the angry it causes. I fight for an hour to get him to sleep only to have him wake up at least every two hours through out the night. He also gets into light sleep in early morning and wakes for good or just for few hours. It is exhausting!

I think he wakes to use potty. I don't know but I take him everytime and he goes. My DP sleeps like log so he has never been too helpful and scared to but DS to bed when he so used to me. Our bed isn't comfortable with all of us and DS wouldn stay in attached crib. So now me and DS sleep together and DP sleeps in other room. Which is not good on our relationship.

Just don't know if making right choices. If just feeding and not fighting I would be ok. I know BF is 2 way street and its starting to not work for me, but don't know how to stop. I think since DS is so attached he will BF for long time. Even if I could figure out how to put him to sleep what to I do everytime he wakes to potty? You would think that would space out more as he ages but since DS BF at every pottly trip of course it increases his need to go.

Please offer some encouragement or suggestions. I don't like showing DS my frustrations!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
No personal experience, but I know that there are lots of Mamas here who have been through the same thing. Some have chosen to night-wean (to stop breastfeeding once baby has fallen asleep the first time until dawn or a set time in the morning) while others develop different coping strategies.

Hang in there - you'll get ideas and support!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatioGardener View Post
No personal experience, but I know that there are lots of Mamas here who have been through the same thing. Some have chosen to night-wean (to stop breastfeeding once baby has fallen asleep the first time until dawn or a set time in the morning) while others develop different coping strategies.

Hang in there - you'll get ideas and support!

Yes, night weaning helps. You may be dealing with some teething at this age too. At that age I would stuff their little tummies with complex carbs at bed time give a dose of hylands teething tabs, and then nurse+ read/sing to sleep. This seemed to help them settle better and for longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.