Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I'm new to the board but always get the magazines. I never knew their was a forum but here I am now.<br><br>
I have a 12 month old and am also due in July. I am making the switch to cloth for my toddler and will start cding my second LO once he is here.<br><br>
My question is, how many should I get for my toddler?

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I have about 20 pocket diapers for my 19 month old and have to wash every 2-3 days. They are the same diapers she's used since she was 6 months old and is currently potty training as well, so we probably won't have to get any more of other sizes. At least that's my wishful thinking!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
20 is probably pretty good. I cloth diaper 2 with a stash of about 30. I also wash every other day.<br><br>
I have bought other one size diapers, but I have decided my favorite is a one-size snap cover, with a prefold of the appropriate size inside. It's quicker and easier to prep for washing, and I can just grab a handful of covers, and 2 or 3 of each size prefold to shove in the diaper bag, without having to try to match covers to inserts and get out the right sizes for each child. Also, if one of them is having a day where they are going through more diapers than usual, the covers will fit anyway...it doesn't have to be ds's diapers and dd's diapers. SO much easier!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">Thanks Ladies!!! I think I am ready to start my stash of prefolds and pocket diapers.<br><br>
I spent an entire day figuring out which diapers, inserts and covers I was going to go with but the quantity below for 5mo+ seems low...<br><br>
00-05 mo 18-24 diapers<br>
05-12 mo 12-18 diapers<br>
12-++ mo 08-12 diapers<br><br>
I also plan to start elimination communication with DS now and second DS when he comes. I got him to poop in the toilet once. YAY! I was so excited, especially since he didn't freak out.</span>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts