Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would kiss my son on the mouth after seeing many other parents kiss their children on the mouth. But when he was born, I just couldn't resist, but now I need to stop since he is now 10 months old and I don't want him to learn to kiss everyone else on the mouth. But the problem is that other people do kiss him on the mouth and I HATE
it!!!! Last week his great grandfather kissed him on the mouth (he had a cold!!!) and now I believe my son has a cold, that's the only person that has had a cold that my sons been around!!!!

Please HELP!!! My question is how can I tell family not to kiss him on the mouth and get them to stop kindly??!!!

Chelsi

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I don't think there's any way but to come out and just say that you don't want them to kiss him on the mouth - and by the way the hands are just as bad because most babies put their hands in their mouths. I think if you explain that babies are very susceptible to colds they should understand, and even if they don't hopefully the worst they will think is that you being an overprotective new mother. (not that you are, of course, I was just thinking they might say that.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.