Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a family reunion coming up and my dad wants our group to wear matching shirts. On the back he wants it to say "Steve's Oompa Loompas" then have a family tree. I'd like something more creative than just rectangle with our names in them. I'm good with photoshop so I'll design it myself, just can't get past this block on what to do for our names. Its really just my sister and I and our kids so its not a big tree....

·
Registered
57 Posts
One idea I've seen before is to make a tree from painted handprints. Youngest child (and usually smallest) prints at top, oldest adult (usually the biggest hands-- maybe your dad's?) on the bottom and a tree trunk to finish it off. It's easier to start at the bottom and work your way up, you can use different paint colors for each pair of hands and then paint in the names in black in the palm area. You could create the original on a large poster board or painted plywood or canvas and then take a picture of it to transfer to a t-shirt. Then you would have the original to hang on your wall as a wonderful memory of the reunion or give to a special grandparent or other family member as a keepsake.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Do you have a scanner?<br><br>
Send the kids out to collect actual leaves from the garden and scan them in.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
the best I've seen looked like a concert shirt<br><br>
it was cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts