Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my kids would love to make gifts this year, but I'm getting a really late start! BUT, I wanted to try it out before I give up totally...what are some easy quick child-made gifts that my kids can make?

something for DH, Grandparents, and Aunts/Uncles...

thanks!
:

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Depends how home-made you want them to be. I bought a bunch of 35-cent balsa wood ornaments (simple flat shapes - tree, snowflake, heart, star...) from Michaels, along with some glitter paint, drilled a hole for a ribbon in each one, and let DS have at 'em. I will tie ribbon on each one so it can be a tree ornament.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I missed how old your kids were - here's a list that will work with some younger kinds

melt and pour soap
bookmarks (hand made paper, felt, paintings)
paint a canvas bag
sugar scrub (we love this recipe)
sachets (sew with felt)
home made knitting needles
decorated candles
handmade cards/stationary sets
hth
Karen

·
Registered
757 Posts
I got this sheet of magnetic paper (plain white paper on one side, magnet on the other) at Michael's. I traced my 3yo's hand, cut it out, and let him fingerpaint it, and I wrote the date on it. A simple, fun, ADORABLE, keepsake magnet. All the grandparents are getting one, and I'm keeping one for myself!

Salt dough ornaments are always good for gifts too.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazajo View Post
I got this sheet of magnetic paper (plain white paper on one side, magnet on the other) at Michael's. I traced my 3yo's hand, cut it out, and let him fingerpaint it, and I wrote the date on it. A simple, fun, ADORABLE, keepsake magnet. All the grandparents are getting one, and I'm keeping one for myself!

Ohhh, I like that one!

·
Registered
481 Posts
It really depends on their ages. My guys are really little, so we are doing chocolates, and chocolate covered pretzels (you know melt and pour into a holiday mold). homemade cookies are also a good idea. you could put them in a nice box or tin, even have your kids decorate the box.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Two that dd did/will do are a fleece scarf she cut out and a mixed spice in a small canning jar (1/2 cup size). I gave her some guidance for which spices to mix together and we are making a label on the computer together. The fleece scarf just needs some help from me to help her cut straight and with the size of scarf to make.

I think these are things that are not only doable for a younger kid but also can be enjoyed and useful for the recipient.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
my kids made a set of handmade thank you cards for grandma today, and they are super cute! just add a cheap box of envelopes, and you're set!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.