Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in the mail my new EllaRoo wrap. I think I'm going to love it. However, I'm not sure I got the right size. I've never used a wrap like this so I'm kind of clueless. I am 28 weeks pg so my belly sticks out so when I tried to tie the front carry (without baby of course) I couln't really gauge how the wrap was going to fit me.

I got the size Small. It says it is supposed to fit people who are up to
130lbs and 5'4".
When I'm not pregnant I am about 120lbs and 5'1" so the Small seemed appropriate. But on the instructions it said to size up one size if you have a large bra size. My 2.5 year old weaned a couple of months ago and my chest seems to be permanently a 34-36 D cup. That seems like a big bra size to me (bigger than I'd like anyway!!). I know that when my baby is born my boobs are going to be even more gigantic...with ds I think I wore an F at one point

The next size fits up to 160lbs and 5'8" which I am no where near. The small sure has alot of material to it but once I got it wrapped around me it isn't so much at all.

I need to know before I wash it if I need to exchange it for the Medium.

Any suggestions for this petite but big boobed girl??

Thanks!!
Amy

·
Registered
602 Posts
The Medium is equivalent to a 4.6m--this is sort of a standard size- it allows most sized people to do just about every carry. I have several different sizes of wraps, ranging from 2.9m to 5.4 m- different lengths for different carries, but if you want a good all-purpose size, it's usually better to go a bit longer than shorter- you can always tuck in extra fabric, but nothing's worse than not having enough tail left to tie in certain carries. 4.6 is sort of the go-to standard size for a lot of people.

I have a friend who is petite (maybe 5'3") and has a small frame but large chest, and she has a Medium EllaRoo. She found it a bit long at first, but she washed/dried it and it shrunk a tad, and she's gotten very used to the length. Good luck choosing!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am about the same size as you and about the same bra size, and a size small ER wrap works fine for me. If you are a beginning wrapper, you might want the extra length of a medium. You might also want to consider that most mamas do not snap back to their prepregnancy body size right away, so you might want to allow for your postpartum body when choosing a wrap size. HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.