Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm not getting enough protein or complex carbs and paying for it dearly. I get hungry, dizzy, feel weak, etc. My doctor told me to eat more protein and complex carbs, but I don't know what to do, especially on the run. I can't have egg, peanuts or almonds. Any suggestions?</p>

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
<p>Dairy's very portable, and it worked well for me as a pg snack (some sugar and also some protein).  Cheese, yogurt, milk, cottage cheese - all easy on the run.  Chickpea fritters - lots of fat (which for me was important for fighting off the hungry, dizzy feelings).  Hummus, other bean dips would work there too.  Stash dinner leftovers in the fridge in snack sized portions.</p>

·
Registered
180 Posts
<p>Can you do seeds like sunflower and pumpkin? You could try getting some brown rice protein powder (I hear sunwarrior is a good brand) and putting it in a drink. I would not recommend getting some of the more conventional protein powders because they can have all kinds of really bad stuff in them.</p>

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
<p>meatballs (turkey or beef) then throw them in some chicken broth or just eat them on a toothpick. We do curried chickpeas which are fast (olive oil, drained can of chickpeas, a little sea salt, and a little curry powder). buckwheat is a complex carb or protein or something like that, and they make a hot buckwheat cereal (Bob's Red Mill) that has a microwave version that's done in 3.5 minutes. Also crackers and hummus (the hummus is great for protein). Bacon (cook a batch and then munch on it for snacks during the day.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts