Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
We got DD a dollhouse with dolls and furniture for her 3rd birthday. She loves it! For nearly 2 months she hardly played with anything else. Now she just plays with it alot instead of all the time.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I second the dollhouse idea!!

Or how about a wardrobe full of dress up items? Not just "princess dresses" but all sorts of costume type stuff, including the hats and shoes and jewelry and accessories, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
What is she into? DD loves her babies and got this for Christmas:
http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2326/.f

This reversible twirly dress was another huge Christmas hit:
http://www.twirlygirlshop.com/reversible_twirly_dresses

For her third bday coming up in May, I just ordered these from Etsy.
Nightgown:
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=15530955
Doll sleeping bag (she's getting her own sleeping bag, too, b/c she loves playing with DS's)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5993892

Hope you find just the right thing!
-e

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually she has a doll house she got for christams and rarely touches it, and she has a kitchen my hubby made her but again isn't touched much. I looked for balance bikes around town and couldn't find any but I think there might be a specialty store that will have them. Thanks for all the great ideas.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
If she's more into activity based stuff, a ride on toy, balance beam, gym mats (my kids LOVE their mats!), or something like that would be fun!

My kids love their dress up, too, as well as the easle and paints, which go into the basement all winter and outside all summer long.

hth!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think you've gotten some really good ideas from other posters. Here are my two cents:

1. I totally agree with the wooden kitchen idea if you don't already have one. We have the Camden Rose kitchen, and we absolutely, totally love it. I know my dd will play with it for years and years.

2. Have you seen these dolls? I think they are the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen. I am waiting for them to become available so I can get one for my dd when she turns 3.

3. Totally agree with the dollhouse idea.

4. What about a really special experience with family?

Have fun choosing something!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Just fyi, we got our Skuut (balance bike) online. It was on amazon, actually, but I just looked at they're listed for $219!! We paid less than $100 for it in December, maybe $80? So shop around!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
DD will be 3 in August. Here are some things that I'm considering doing for her birthday or things she's currently pretty into:

Kids camera. I've heard mixed reviews of these - mostly about photo quality being quite poor, but they're a neat idea and she ALWAYS wants to use my camera. One of her friends has one and it's definitely easy for him and the other kids to use.

A special baby doll. I too have considered these:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyGirl View Post
Have you seen these dolls? I think they are the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen. I am waiting for them to become available so I can get one for my dd when she turns 3.
Her website is here: http://bamboletta.com/shop/. She does custom dolls. They are beautiful IMHO, but DD has plenty of dolls and plays with them all quite often. She doesn't seem to play favorites, so I'm iffy on spending that much on a single doll.

Outdoor play equipment. We have a nice wooden swing set and a nice wooden sandbox. They both get LOTS of play time and I'm sure they will for many years to come. I'm considering getting her a dome shaped jungle gym too. She's very into climbing lately.

Doll accessories. DD loves her stroller. I just got her a kid's size Beco at her request (for Easter). There are nice doll swings, hammocks, beds, changing tables, high chairs, etc at Nova Naturals. That's where we got her stroller (more than a year ago) and we've been very very happy with it.

Craft supplies. An easel, window markers, paints, crayons, etc.

Books - DD's big into Mother Goose lately and we've been checking out a new Mother Goose book from the library about every 2 weeks. I'm also taking notes about books that she adores from the library so I can put them on her birthday wish list.

Puzzles - DD loves her Melissa and Doug beginning pattern blocks. I'm always collecting new puzzles right at her current level or just past her level. I often find nice wooden ones for very little at our local kids resale shop.

Magazine subscription. She's been getting Wild Animal Baby for nearly 2 years now. We've been pretty pleased with it, though I think she's sort of out growing it.

Museum or zoo memberships.

Dress up stuff. DD loves silks both as dress up toys and as doll blankets, and lots of other things. Necklaces, sunglasses, hats, etc are big hits around here.

Musical instruments. We have a basket full of musical instruments that have gotten very regular use for nearly 2 years. Drums, xylophone, maracas, egg shakers, rhythm sticks, sand blocks, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.