Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everybody! I have a few questions about my chart and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me? I finally got an obvious shift in temp this morning but I am still wondering when I ovulated. I have been getting positive OPK's for the past 5 days. I have put 4 of the positives in, all except todays. I am going to call the co. and ask some questions about that. Anyway, you know how you can go into tools on FF and change the method you use for O detection? if I change mine to Research, my O date is Sat. 4th, CD11.(also the same if I take out all other positive OPK's except sat.the 4th,CD11) I don't want to lie though. If I change the method to OPK/monitor/OVwatch, they put my O date at Tues.7th,CD14. If I put it on Advanced,I don't have an O date yet??? I know it takes 3 high temps for it to show and that would probably mean it was also on CD14. The thing is I don't feel as though I O'd yesterday as my fertility signs and instincts are saying it was earlier than that but, who knows?? Could someone look at my chart and give me some insight?? Also I was wondering, all you FF users, what method do you have your O detection set on???

Thank you in advance to everyone who offers me help! I truly appreciate it!!!

Michelle

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i use research or advanced. i wouldn't think it is yesterday b/c of the CM dry-up after the EWCM. but i don't know very much about OPKs. if you didn't have the OPK data then i would say CD 11 based on CM and temps.

not sure if the answers to #4 & 5 here will be of any use to you...

Quote:
4. What if my OPK is positive for several days in a row? It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.
It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet
)
5. Should I keep testing once I get a positive OPK? Nah. Once you get a positive you will probably ovulate within the next 12-36 hours. You should be able to confirm this with a temperature rise and/or dry up of cervical mucus (remember, even when you're charting your temps/mucus as accurately as possible, it's still only accurate within +/- 3 days . . . so if you get a positive OPK, and ovulate 36 hours later, and have a thermal shift/mucus dry-up 3 days after that, you may have a discrepancy of 4.5 days between the positive OPK and NFP signs! That's the outside time range, you'll probably see the temp shift/mucus dry-up sooner than that . . . but just letting you know it's possible!)
If you don't see corroborating signs of ovulation within a few days of your positive OPK, you may wish to test again and see if the OPK is still positive. This may mean your body just got "delayed" and is still trying to ovulate. If you are consistently seeing positive OPK's without other signs that ovulation has occurred, you should talk to your dr.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the replies and all the info!!

YummyYumYumMama, I never thought of what could happen if I just took out all OPK's...so I tried that and FF is still not saying there is an O date so...thats a dilema. I also called the co. about having several positive OPK's. They said you just go based on the first time you see the surge..aka postive. They said it can show up for several days later. Don't know what that is all about but, it is also possible it was a delayed O like the info you gave me says. I guess I will just have to wait and see. More waiting...LOL...just what I wanted but, at least I know I did O!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.