Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard you can get 1/4 inch double fold hemmer feet for ewing machines but for the life of me I cant find any for reasonable prices. I check a specialty store here and al they had were narrow ones. Anyone lead me in the right direction? BTW I have a brother but any generic will do.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
do you mean a foot to fold over the fabric twice to do a hem? most of the ones i've seen are labelled in millimeters (mm)

i just got one of those for my viking for about $23 from the local shop, but i know they're on ebay too; maybe even try www.nancysnotions.com

if its not that foot, do you mean the one to do a binding on the edge of like a blanket or quilt?

LOCATOR

here's where to find a brother dealer

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I need the double fold wider one NOT the rolled one for edges. I thin kI found it at Hazlet Sewing on the web but says it requires propper part. I'm clueless. LOL. I emailed them to get more details. Thanks for your help though!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But a binder foot sew bias tape to the fabric right? Thats not what I'm thinking of. Same look though. I'm not wanting 2 seperate pieces of fabric. I just want the exsisting fabric to be turned twice and sewn down. Make sence?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Gotcha.
I got a binding foot recently and it was only like 13 dollars, and I thought the hemmer foot would be in the same price range. I got mine from a local sew and vac. They had like every foot in every brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.