Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bestfriend had her baby about a month ago and she has had constant breast pain she has been just dealing iwth it but I don't think she can take much more. She is needing to pump but it hurts her to pump to. What can she do? She said it just hurts so bad when he latches on and he is going through a growth spurt right now which is wearing her breast out and causing even more pain.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Pumping shouldn't hurt, and she also should be past any pain nursing. There could be lots of things going on here, so really, she needs to see a LC right away (or a LLL volunteer if someone is available and willing).<br><br>
Things that could be wrong:<br><br>
Thrush in her breasts . . . BIG OWIE<br>
bad pump, or the wrong size parts for her breasts<br>
mastitis or plugged ducts<br>
tongue tied baby<br>
poor latch<br><br>
I am sure there are more, but these are the biggies that come to mind. Most of these issues are easily fixed, once they are identified and treated properly.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she said that he just stays latched right at the tip of her nipple so I told her that she needs to be tryignt o shove as much of the brown as she can in his mouth so that he isn't just sucking on the tip of her nipple.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has hurt her from day 1 and isn't getting any better so I think it is a latch issue but I don't know how to get her to go see a LC. I am trying really hard to encourage her but it is getting harder and harder I mean I understand how painful it can be but any suggestion I give her it is like she just throws it out the window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts