Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure where to post this but I am putting a call out to you mammas here because my Aunt and Uncle are 5 months pg with twins.

They cannot conceive naturally this I know for sure so they went with doing a type of fertilization. I am sorry
I do not know for sure how they did it.

This is their second attempt.

The first attempt they also had twins and lost both at 11 weeks.
:

Now at 5 months they have discovered that the babies are sharing a placenta and one umbilical cord.

SO one baby is sucking all the food from the other and the other is now not growing well.

They are at a major city hospital this weekend trying to weigh their opitions but the opitions are very risky both invovling surgery.

I am just wondering if anyone has any references to give me or if- I would hope no one is or was out here- but if some one has been in their shoes if you could tell me what path you chose.

They are very open to any and all avenues to save their babies.

·
Registered
678 Posts
One of the girls on another board I frequent had a good friend that had this same thing. There is a website that is a information and support site for parents with it. maybe google it, and see if you can't find it. Its been a while so I couldnt' find the info i was looking for on my other group.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm sorry to hear they are dealing with this. I know that there is a relatively new procedure where placental blood vessels are rerouted to make the nutrition more balanced in TTTS. I am hoping for the best for them as they weigh their options.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for replying..

For some reason I am not getting my sub notices via email so I just came and saw all these reply's.

liseux-I am not sure if this is what you speak of but-My Aunt and Uncle ended up having laser surgery done on the umbilical cord and it created two now as opposed to the one and both babies and my Aunt are doing very well! We just continue to visualize this to be.

whoziwhatsit-I will try the multipules board..I forgot we had that here if we need more help..

Thank you for the verbage now too TTTS. That helps.

Praise God/Goddess/Universal Powers that be!

Thanks Again Mammas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.