Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD just came up to me complaining that her labia hurt intensely. Between her inner and outer labia she has a cut about 1/2 an inch long. She was screaming in pain when I pulled her outer labia apart to see it.<br><br>
I've put A&D ointment on it but what else can I do to stop the pain and heal the cut? I'm desparate because she just tried to pee but it burned too much. Right now she's in a warm bath and was able to pee there.<br><br>
However, <b>very early tomorrow morning she and I are taking a long plane trip (11 hours flight) so we won't be near the comforts of home if she can't pee. HELP! What if she can't pee because of the burning while we're on the flight?</b><br><br>
Any suggestions for what can help us? Heal the cut? Stop the pee from burning?

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
I'm not sure.<br><br>
How did she cut it?

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Take a peri-bottle or squirt bottle (or even a water bottle with a nozzle) and put warm water in it. Wash it over her as she sits on the toilet and it should help her urinate, even in a public restroom.<br><br>
Do you have a soft pillow or inflatable "donut" you can bring along that she can sit on during the flight? (even if it doesn't actually ease the pain, it will give her something to focus on and relax her.)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The peri bottle is a great idea, thank you. DH and I were just saying I should take a cup so I can pour warm water while she pees. I hadn't even thought of the peri bottle (duh!)<br><br>
We think she hurt it while doing handstands earlier today. At one point she fell onto her shoe, in a kneeling position. She says it started hurting then.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
dd scratched herself pretty good in that area this december (yup during a long vacation/lots of plane flying time!!) I agree with peri bottle, making sure she is dry (bring some change of panites just in case). We did weleda calendula cream over it with a bit of vaseline on top she couldn't tolerate the ad or desitin. I would reapply after every pee. I would go further and suggest she wear something like soft pants/shorts or a soft skirt while traveling since the seam pushing into that area tends to irritate it, especially if she is still in a harnessed car seat! (dd was 3.5 yrls old when she did this)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts