Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was homeschooled in AZ so I know you can do this but I can't figure out how to go about it...My DD needs access to a pediatric audiologist several times a year. At 3 in AZ they go from the School for the Deaf to the school system they live in. I called our school system and they told me that unless I enroll her in their preschool they can't help me. I said they weren't sending her to preschool and she said that they can't help me. I know you can receive these services without going to school. Can anyone give me some suggestions? They lady was very offended that I didn't want to send her to preschool and said something about me not being ready to send her away. I know she is just misinformed but she is in charge of the whole districts special needs. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
You might want to try posting on the special needs board, they might have more detailed info on getting the services you are requesting. Sorry I can't help.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I don't have any advice either. DD #2 may be starting thearpy and in KY after 3 they are transitioned to have it through the school system. I have wondered about the conflict you are talking about arising for us in the future.<br><br>
-Pam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts