Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently pumping for another mommy as well as EBF my six month old. I have never had supply issues but I am not getting as much out pumping as I thought I would. Do I need to be pumping regularly ie every three hours/24 hrs a day? I have pumped before and always gotten good results. Also, how long would it take for me to see an increase in supply?

TIA

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
It depends on what your're doing to increase supply as to how long before you see results.

First and foremost - What an awesome thing you're doing!

Make sure you are getting lots and lots (and LOTS!) of water. Also, lots of good, healthy calories. And a much sleep as you can possibly get.

Fenugreek, Lecithin, oatmeal (even instant helps) are all known supply boosters. I even read on here someone had great success with molasses.

Also, check to make sure all the pump parts are in working order, connected properly, not broken, etc.

Check out www.kellymom.com for great pumping tips!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
See the stickie at the top of this forum for info on upping pumped supply

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I find that brown rice increases supply for me and Organic Mother's Milk tea (by traditional medicinals) works great too. I think you can find it for 5 or 6 dollars. I recently wanted to increase my supply and ate a bowl of oatmeal in t he morning and stirfry with brown rice for dinner and had two cups of the mother's milk tea and by the next morning I was sure I had upped my supply because I was FULL if you know what I mean. Keep up the good work it is awesome what you are doing and good luck with your supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.