Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been knitting away. Working on alot of projects that are over my head probably, :LOL . I'm knitting a scarf for my niece right now and I want it to turn out right. It seems easy enough but I have a question about this: it says to K to end of row, winding yarn twice round needle for each st. I'm sure I can do it if I just knew how! Next row is K to end letting extra loops drop. It's a Rowan pattern from Bigger Picture. The Eva scarf. I'm going to experiment in the meantime. Maybe I can figure it out. It seems so blasted straight forward I feel like an idiot.

TIA
April

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
It is a simple pattern, that turns out looking fancy.
All you do is stick your needle in to make a stitch, and after you wrap the yarn, wrap it around again, then pull through like you normally would.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
actually, there's an easier way to do it than trying to pull two wraps throught he stitch. Knit the stitch, then wrap the yarn around the needle by just doing a yarn over (bring the yarn to the front in between thorugh the needles, and then back around the right needle to the back, so that it "wraps" around the right needle once before you knti the next stitch. Then, on the next row, just let that extra wrap fall off the left needle. What this does is elongate the stitch so that it looks all loose and lacey, very pretty

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
actually, there's an easier way to do it than trying to pull two wraps throught he stitch. Knit the stitch, then wrap the yarn around the needle by just doing a yarn over (bring the yarn to the front in between thorugh the needles, and then back around the right needle to the back, so that it "wraps" around the right needle once before you knti the next stitch. Then, on the next row, just let that extra wrap fall off the left needle. What this does is elongate the stitch so that it looks all loose and lacey, very pretty

The first time I read this thread I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't 100% sure, so I didn't want to post it. Glad to know I was on the right track. It's so nice to have this forum, where we can learn from those who have more experience!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.