Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. I need some advice/help. My oldest son is set to start preschool next week and I have been given all kinds of paperwork, including a sheet listing his immunizations. Well, neither of my boys are vaccinated and this was an informed decision. What I need to know is there a form outside of the State of Michigan's Immunization Waiver form which from reading it I get the gist I am signing a document saying I am denying my child reasonable preventative healthcare and I admit it. Can I write my own? Any links to a document that I could format for my situation? Thanks so much in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me...<br><br>
BTW I live in Michigan.<br><br>
Mom to my 2 healthy, breastfed boys with strong immune systems!

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">MCL § 333.9215<br><br>
§ 333.9215. Exemption of child; immunization detrimental to health or not appropriate, physician certificate; religious convictions or other objections, parent's written statement.<br>
Sec. 9215. (1) A child is exempt from the requirements of this part as to a specific immunization for any period of time as to which a physician certifies that a specific immunization is or may be detrimental to the child's health or is not appropriate.<br><br>
(2) <b>A child is exempt from this part if a parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis of the child presents a written statement to the administrator of the child's school or operator of the group program to the effect that the requirements of this part cannot be met because of religious convictions or other objection to immunization.</b></td>
</tr></table></div>
<a href="http://www.909shot.com/state-site/Michigan.htm" target="_blank">More info here.</a>

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just enrolled DS in preschool ~ it is a private church preschool accredited by the state. They do not receive state funding though ~ so their rules are their own. Thankfully they are willing to take my exemption. I just had the ped sign the form saying he was healthy and all...and then just attached my exemption statement to this form.<br><br>
Do you know that this school will indeed honor your exemption? Are they private or state funded? Private institutions (meaning completely private w/o receiving any state funding) do not have to accept vax exemptions.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
<a href="http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm" target="_blank">http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm</a>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a state funded program through the public school. I am going to meet his teacher today, I guess I will find out if the form I printed will suffice. He did have his health screen yesterday, the pediatrician said he was healthy. Thanks so much--I have an Aiden too (o:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts