Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please help me figure out what to make for baby shower I will be throwing in a month?!

JUst a finger food, not meals or anything like that.

Salads, dips, even cookies, anything.............please.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What time of day is the shower? That helps determine what type of food will work.

I hosted a shower in the summer that was from 10-noon and served...

fresh fruit
3 types of mini muffins (I used Martha White mixes)
cubed cheeses (this was the least popular item)
veggie pizza - the type with crescent rolls/cream cheese
chocolate covered pretzels
ginger tea punch

At another shower that was near Christmas and a 2pm we served....

tortilla roll-ups/pinwheels
several types of quick bread (pumpkin, zucchini pineapple, banana)
fresh veggie plate
homemade chex mix
chocolate chip cookies
cranberry tea punch (served hot from the crockpot)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I can't find my recipe but a lemon pound cake drizzled with a lemony glaze would be great. And a fresh fruit plate with strawberries, cherries, melon slices etc....and little finger sandwiches with cucumber and cream cheese mixed with herbs like dill. That's what sounds good to me-oh and iced herbal teas to drink.

·
Registered
882 Posts
For my sister's shower, I did an asian inspired theme and did sesame noodles, vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce, rice balls with sesame seeds, and a beef thing. I gave out japanese tea cups with green tea as favors. And I always have fruit.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I did this for two baby showers and got rave reviews at both!

Watermelon Baby Buggy

Take a seeded watermelon ( The seedless are too round, I think) and slice halfway across at the middle (NOT all the way across!!!) and halfway down, to meet at the cut. There should be a bowl with a "hood" on one side, vaguely resembling a baby carriage.

Attach pineapple "wheels" on each side with one toothpick (cut to fit)(4 total).
Put cherries over the toothpick as "hubcaps."

Fill with fruit of your choice (watermelon, of course!, honeydew, canteloupe, grapes, pineapple, etc).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzyemm
I did this for two baby showers and got rave reviews at both!

Watermelon Baby Buggy

Take a seeded watermelon ( The seedless are too round, I think) and slice halfway across at the middle (NOT all the way across!!!) and halfway down, to meet at the cut. There should be a bowl with a "hood" on one side, vaguely resembling a baby carriage.

Attach pineapple "wheels" on each side with one toothpick (cut to fit)(4 total).
Put cherries over the toothpick as "hubcaps."

Fill with fruit of your choice (watermelon, of course!, honeydew, canteloupe, grapes, pineapple, etc).

Enjoy!
A friend of mine did that on my baby shower! It was neat.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
JI just went to a baby shower this past weekend, at 2 in the afternoon. They had a platter of grilled vegetables, artichoke hearts, some mini mozzarella balls. Sliced bread, some bean tip, & a tray of cut up fruit. There were about 20 women there. It was very good & didn't look like it would take too much time to do.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
ooh, all these sound good!

If I were doing one, I might try to escape from the usual pastel-light-and-fruity shower scheme and do something fiesta style. Maybe guacamole and blue corn chips, several kinds of salsa, cut up strips of bright-colored peppers with something to dip them in, a zesty corn and bean salad, and drinks with little umbrellas made of sparkling water and juice (so mama won't feel left out if she's given up margaritas).

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.