Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone--

DH is interviewing for a job in the Poughkeepsie area and we know nothing. We currently live in Moorestown, NJ, which I really don't like very much (way too conservative, way too Christian, lots of narrow mindedness!). So we're not really interested in repeating what we have.

I really do not want to sound like a snob here but I need more than just crunchy. Ideally I'd like to find a place that is liberal but sophisticated. Where do the Vassar profs live? Dd is currently at a Montessori school that we love. She will be in kindergarten next year, I'd prefer great public schools but we would do private if it meant being around people we have a lot in common with. I want organic farms, intellectuals, foodies, artists and the like. Does that exist in in the area? I know a lot of artists have moved up to Hudson River area from Manhattan, do they have kids? Where are they? Help!!

Any info is very much appreciated.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.