Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first place I thought to come. I need help on figuring out what to do. I was rushed to the ER 2 nights ago, in what ended up being a pretty severe gall bladder attack. Apparently I have gall stones, and it's infected. I am now taking amoxicillin for the infection. The DR wanted to take the gall bladder that day, but I asked if we could wait long enough for me to pump a decent supply for my 6 week old son. I was told to make an appointment with the surgeon and with my GP. I am wondering if I <i>have</i> to have my gall bladder taken out. Is it possible to lower my fat intake, eat only healthy fats (I was planning on going back to veganism soon anyway) and cure the infection, and have a healthy gall bladder again? Or am I being silly and over thinking, and should just have the stupid thing taken out? Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
289 Posts
First, I would ask if delaying the gallbladder removal would kill you. People can die from gallbladder attacks. You should have had blood drawn and tests that show whether your pancreas was functioning correctly. Then there is something about enzymes.<br><br>
I also have had gallbladder attack and gallstones, although I was never diagnosed with having an infection.<br><br>
Pregnancy can be hard on liver/gallbladder and also thyroid. and teeth.<br><br>
Visit <a href="http://www.gallbladderattack.com" target="_blank">www.gallbladderattack.com</a>. There are recipes there that have helped others. I am currently doing their program but you cannot do their herbal program AND nurse. So I watched my diet and tolerated the gallbladder ache while I nursed.<br><br>
I assume you had an ultrasound of the gallbladder. Did you get a chance to see the results? I ask this because I had a friend who was told she had to have her gallbladder removed and in the end she had just 1 gallstone. She regrets the surgery. I would ask specifically for the # and size of gallstones. If you're extra curious like I am, ask for a copy of your ultrasound pictures on a CD. I have mine so I can actually see the gallstones. For me this helps me visualize them dissolving.<br><br>
I am all for natural solutions and I hope to dissolve my gallstones using chinese medicine, my citrus essential oils (from Young Living), and keeping a relatively low/medium fat diet.<br><br>
You can have gallbladder problems/aches/attacks with a Low or No fat diet as well as a high fat diet. I think the reason is that if you consume too little fat your gallbladder can become sluggish, develop sludge and then gallstones.<br><br>
For me, my trigger food was pizza, so I no longer have pizza, lasagna or anything that is obviously dripping in fats. I do take cod liver oil, DHA and Omega-3 supplements and unrefined coconut oil.<br><br>
Just make sure that you are healthy enough to go on the cleanse and not jeopordize your life. I personally think surgeons are too eager to remove gallbladders.<br><br>
But there is a BUT. Make sure that there is nothing blocking the bile duct. I suspect if that was the case, they would have insisted you already have the operation and not sent you home.<br><br>
Cheryl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts