Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am posting here because i want info just on the twins please dont move but if you must i understand<br>
my sil had twins i am wondering if there is a babywearing carrier style that she can carry both of them in they are 4 months skinny long babies the monther is tall over 6 feet she lives in jamaica i live in canada so there isno way for me to show her how to do the carrys i am looking for a cheeper easy carrier is there anyone willing to do a video for me to send on a dvd for her to see?

·
Registered
223 Posts
There are lots of options for wearing both twins at the same time. There are twin-specific carriers, but most people don't recommend them because they are uncomfortable and similar to the Bjorn carriers so the baby dangles in an unnatural position.<br><br>
I think most twin moms use two carriers at the same time. Options include 2 MTs, 2 Becos, a wrap and a MT or Beco, etc. Some very talented bwing mamas can wrap two babies at the same time.<br><br>
There is a forum at TBW specifically for wearing more than one baby. Here's the link:<br><br><a href="http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59" target="_blank">http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=59</a>

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
For 4 month olds I'd say she'd be best off with front and back carriers or side carriers. It's possible to wrap two, but it takes alot of skill and if she's new to baby wearing it's probally going to be too daunting. I'd say two meitais, podogis, or ergo/beco/patapums (or any combo) would be most comfy for her since the weight will balence out and it will be easier to continue wearing them like that for longer.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I used 2 slings for about 14 months. Now I have learned more about other carriers so I prefer to use MTs or wraps but 2 slings are very easy to use too. I know Maya Wrap has a section on their video for wearing twins and you can find RSs cheap on TBW FSOT. Other than that, I agree with the other people that using a wrap can be more difficult, when I use them I use 2 not just 1, that is too much for me.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've been mostly using 2 pouches with each baby in the hip carry. I've found that to be the easiest

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two Mei Tais is the way to go, ring slings are cheaper at the get go by you can't wear them as long and they are less supportive for mother and baby. I make organic cotton Mei Tais which aren't cheap but I cut deals for multiples, I would also be willing to make instructions for her. (paper, not a video) No matter what kind of Mei Tai you end up buying make sure that it has wide, long straps. If you want to look at my site feel free and please contact me if you have further questions. <a href="http://www.gigglegagglebaby.com" target="_blank">www.gigglegagglebaby.com</a><br>
Nora<br><br>
Single mother of beautiful boy twins born at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts