Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok help! DH wants to name out baby London, I think the name sounds pretty cool but on the other hand think if we name our child this he will be tourtured for the rest of his life with chants of "London bridges falling down~" What do you all think? I'm lost and our poor baby may just be nameless!

· Registered
509 Posts
Maybe they might tease him when he's younger, but like khrisday says, that goes for every name. I can't tell you how many times people have already said to me "are you naming him Owen, because he'll always be oweing people?" Ah, yeah...

London reminds me of a guy we went to high school with named Paris. All the girls thought he was just the coolest thing around, I think the name added to his appeal.

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is true, I got made fun of too, :LOL Spacy Stacee. Or Stacee Sweet n sour , because my maiden name was Sweet.

He wants to use London because it has special meaning to us. I think I may just cave on this one.

· Registered
213 Posts
Go ahead, especially if the name has a special meaning for you. Our sons name was a very big deal for my partner and I because we both have somewhat unusual names, (they were a lot more unusual when we were growing up) My name is Autumn (yes I was born in the fall) and his name is Bryce (named after Bryce canyon, where his mother's favorite brother worked at the time he was born. ) So our son had to have a name we liked because it was a reference to something and had a meaning we liked.

· Registered
3,715 Posts
My last name is Rowe- so I was always freaking out when we had to sing "row, row you boat" But it was never a problem

I like London!

I have heard Ireland for a girl and I love that too!

· Registered
514 Posts
Stacee,
I'm going through a baby name book, something like New Age Baby Names and it's really cool. One idea they had was to play around with the name to see if you can get another name you like. So you can change around the letters to see if it forms another name, or you can take two words and make a new one, etc. There are other ideas there, but that might help you get the ball rolling.

To name my son, Brenner, we knew we wanted a name ending in -er, but we couldn't agree on any in the books. To most of them my husband would say, "it's a beer", lol! I also knew I wanted to use a very good, deceased friend of mine's name somehow - it was Brian. I said outloud to my husband, "Too bad we couldn't just name him 'Brianner'...Brenner... YES!" We both finally agreed on a name. It's just a little different from other names, but not too different as to sound odd. And it's in keeping with the "style" of using surnames as first names.

Good luck naming your son,
Barb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.