Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Avery has never been a good night sleeper. Sleep great for naps during the day. Busy kid goes til he can no longer walk. I havent slept a good nights sleep in close to 4 years( after the birth and death of my son). Do i let him play hard and get over tired to sleep through. Do i continue to let him go without a schedule and never get sleep and take it out on him. Do i wean?
:
I really need a good nights sleep. It really wearing on my body and my mind. I dont know where to begin. I will not let him CIO hes a great kid other than the sleeping. Any suggestions would be so helpful. THANKS

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep - I can relate!! My ds is nearly 17 months and has never slept through the night. In fact, wakes about every 1 1/2 hours. (See anyone else's child wake 10 times a night?)

You didn't say how old your child is? I am thinking of trying to nightwean using Dr Jay Gordon's plan. Is yours just waking for comfort? If so, maybe nightweaning is for you.

Maybe some other moms who have experience with this could provide some advice?

Also, I am very sorry to hear about the death of your son - I am sure that doesn't help in any of this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK U FOR THE REPLY I WAS THINKING ABOUT J. GORDONS but need the right time. Sorry the boy likes to play with buttons. He is 14 months. If anyone has any suggestions i will takew them all . Thanks.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Do your ds take long naps? Maybe they need to be shortened? Or maybe he is taking naps too late in the day? Maybe he could use a slightly structured, flexible schedule. Meals, naps, bath, bedtime at around the same time most days? Just some ideas. HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.