Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is the deal...

We have tried EVERYTHING in the past 6 months for nighttime. Of course, besides sposies, the only thing that has worked is the ever-elusive Nightlight. We have two, which leaves her in sposies at night 2-3 days a week. I have pretty much given up hope on getting more Nightlights in the near future b/c I am not able to stalk due to working FT.

I am slowly becoming a better seamstress, but it is going to be awhile before I am good enough to make my own diapers. So that is not an option for me (right now).

Can someone PLEASE point me in the direction of a good AVAILABLE pocket for nighttime?!? My DD is close to sleeping thru the night, so it has to work for 10-12 hours. Must be hemp or cotton, as I do not want her in PUL that long. Bulk is fine. I prefer a pocket b/c I can adjust the stuffing as she wets less at night, but would consider a fitted if the rise is right (i.e. allows me to add soakers, etc). I also prefer fleece lining to keep her dry as possible.

I hate buying the sposies. I hate putting them on her. Please help keep my DD's bum fluffy 24-7. Thanks mamas!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Haven't got it yet, but I'm going to try a Happy Hempy fitted pocket w/ fleece lining. You can get them for 11.50 at www.heniyking.com and they have free shipping right now. Also, I haven't gotten this yet either, but check out fleece pocket dipes:

www.drybees.com (great WAHM to work with - ordered this week and already shipped!)
www.snugglebuns.com (looking at ordering if works) and
www.storksavers.com (looking at ordering if works)

I must admit, most of these ideas were taken from the same post I posted yesterday needing night time help. We had our first dry night last night!! Hopefully others can help too!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have a Happy Hempy that I love. . .they even have fleece lined ones now. Lil Bunz has them for a good price and free shipping! I stuff them with Duz it Alls and they aren't TOO bulky. . . try Thanks Mama, they have free shipping on the Duz it Alls. HTH!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I posted this on another thread, but I'll put it here too. I got a starbunz, breathable bear which I love!

http://www.starbunz.com/product_info...13bdcf92def1e6

He is a waterproof fleece outer, with HEMP inner and he comes with a doubler to lay inside. I ordered him because he was so cute and I like breathable diapers for overnight. (My daughter was wearing hemp fitteds and wool.) But, I was super surprised at how trim it is! Way trimmer than my HoneyBoy. And I haven't had a leak (I sometimes had leaks in the hemp wool combo.)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for you help!

Q about the DDs... are the prints absorbant? I have run into a few print fitted that aren't as absorbant as all hemp.

Sadly HH's didn't work for us... We tried meds and larges... the meds didn't allow for all the stuffing and the larges were too big in the thighs.

I'll have to take a look at Harleyz... Is Shan currently taking orders? For some reason I didn't think she was...

Anyway- thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.