Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a pocket diaper for nighttime use. I hate the way FB fit ds now. I have 2 snugwee fleece pockets that I love. Anything similar and easy to obtain? TIA

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use pockets for night-time but not the pul ones. I really like the fit of my cotton snap-ez and they hold a lot of stuffing. The pul ones may work just as well. On my oldest, I use a solid HH at night and I've never had a leak with them.
HTH.
Joy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I like Hemp/cotton outer with a micro inner. and a wool soaker over the top!
My baby is a light peeer though! A heavy wetter may do better with a waterproof barrier.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
and switched to happy heinys. They fit him better and no more leaks. I am happy with them and there are new suddle changes like the aplix is sewn on very securly and the fleece lining them seems way softer then ever. I am please with my purchase at Diaperco.
:

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I switched to HH from FB as well - in fact dd is wearing a red one right now
I stuff them with 2 quad folded hemp 14x19 inserts that I make, either that or 2 HH Stuffins. When she was smaller and wet more at night, I used three inserts.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I have recently found that HHs fit a little better on my baby as well. He was having leaks with the FB around the legs. I love HH Stuffins. They are such a nice insert. I also really like the Happy Hempy with 1 stuffin under a wool cover for nighttime. No leaks!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbridi
What do you use for stuffing?
One stuffer is two layers of hemp fleece, the other two stuffers are two layers of cotton fleece surrounding two layers of microterry. So it may sound fat but really isn't and works great. These are my own stuffers.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I like diapers with a higher rise than FB for nighttime to help distribute the bulk needed for absorbency. For my 15 mos old I use just 1 infant prefold and a doubler. For my 3 yr old (when he was wetting the bed) I used a ginormous microfiber towel from www.zannadu.com. They're the size of a hand towel and you fold it into either 6ths or 8ths depending on the stride (width) of the pocket diaper. I prefer prefolds and microfiber towels for their 'squishiness' as compared to a hemp soaker's stiffness for nighttime, even if it is a little bulkier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.