Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had a *horrendous* experience being sent all over town by my VA-based pediatrician to find someone who will perform the Pertussis test (simply because I brought my 7-mo. son in with a cough and he isn't vaccinated!) and finally ending in the Children's Hospital ER to be told that my ped should have tested him and he didn't need the test anyway b/c he obviously didn't have whooping cough, after a long and abrupt lecture implying our ignorance and ineptitude as parents which began with, "But, first of all, Why isn't this child Vaccinated??"<br><br>
.... So, now I am in the market for a vax-flexible, DC-based (if at all possible!) pediatrician or family doctor who will perform all necessary tests him/herself. Actually, anyone in the tri-state area will do, if they are actually and really vax-flexible (and don't treat you like an idiot for becoming involved in your child's care) and don't send you off to hospitals that won't serve you for every test your child needs.<br><br>
Can anyone recommend their pediatrician or family doc in/near DC?? Thanks for any and all help you can give!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there!<br><br>
There are a few that I can recommend:<br><br>
Matt Irwin based out of Alexandria<br>
Dr. Hai Jin Kim based out of Annandale (she is our primary care physician and pediatrician)<br><br>
Both are homeopathic/holistic and don't recommend vax until at least age 2 at the parents discretion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts