Mothering Forum banner

need portland experts

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  zjande 
#1 ·
I'm new to the Portland Metro area (Oregon) and am seeking a pediatrician and a psychologist (who can evaluate young children) who are attachment-parenting and extended breastfeeding friendly. Thanks!

#4 ·
We see Dr. Anne Vestergaard@ Broadway Medical Clinic 4212 NE Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97213.
503-249-8787

She is sooo cool with extended breastfeeding and cosleeping, she even recommends delayed vacc's.

#6 ·
As for a psychologist, I am unsure. We went to OHSU and they were great. Evaluation was quite long, but the end result was what I was looking for. They didn't seem to have a problem with my parenting and extended BF.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
We see Dr. Anne Vestergaard@ Broadway Medical Clinic 4212 NE Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97213.
503-249-8787

She is sooo cool with extended breastfeeding and cosleeping, she even recommends delayed vacc's.
We go to that clinic, too, and see Dr. Basco. However, I like Dr. Vestergaard and Dr. Baker way better. I would've chose them to begin with.

Also... If you don't need a ped and could see a NP, I REALLY like Max Tenscher. I've considered switching my girls to him, but am reluctant since we'd still need a ped for Livi's urology issues.

#8 ·
I second the recommendation for Dr. Jen Gibbons. She's an ND (my insurance covers her as an out of network provider, paying 70%) and has been my 2 1/2 year old sons primary care physician since he was a baby. We love her. In fact, she's also my PCP, too.

Welcome to the Portland area!

#10 ·
I adore Dr. Jennifer Gibbons =) But our insurance changed (drat) and I needed to find a new doctor, and if I wanted it covered I needed an MD. So now we see Dr. Joel Amundson ( http://www.drjoelsclinic.com/ ) and are super happy =) He was so glad that I am still nursing my two year old and was very easy to discuss vaccines with. My daughter was recently really sick, and he came for a home visit to check her, right after visiting a new baby who was born at home. I think this rocks!

#13 ·
Thanks for all these awesome responses - very helpful and I appreciate it. I should have been more specific though - does anyone know an ap, extended breastfeeding friendly pediatrician in the Hillsboro, Beaverton, Aloha area (or Tigard, Lake Oswego, etc)? Just looking to see if there are any closer to home...

#17 ·
Dr Gerald ****** in Beaverton is crazy-awesome. Against vaccines, over use of antibiotics, very AP friendly..... he's even all for homebirths & cloth diaps. I'm always surprised by him. He's a family physician, by the way. I'm not a huge fan of his office staff, I've always found them very cold to me. But whatever, it's worth it see a great doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.