Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow i am going to a 3pm child's birthday party in an outdoor park that is to turn into a 5pm pitch-in. i need some ideas of foods i can make early tomorrow afternoon and put in my car (maybe in a cooler though) for about 3 hours before anyone eats it! the food also should be kid-frienfdly and not expensive to make. i was ciuh bgvf b ZAs dexr bt5frtftrdc

9 m old kicking keyboard

anyway, i was thinking hummus, something wrapped up in quarter tortillas (but what?) ... and that is pretty much when i ran out of ideas. can you help me?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'd probably just bring some cooled watermelon to cut up once the party starts. Ds could eat an entire meal of watermelon, especially when it is hot outside. Plus most potlucks usually end up with too much food food anyways...

BTW - how are you doing Vicki? Come say hi to us Sept mamas.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
A fruit salad is the first thing that came to mind for me. Or maybe just a fruit tray with some strawberries, kiwi, grapes, whatever you like...?

Or what about some good cheese and some decent crackers?

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Pasta salad? You could put in lots of veggies, and it makes a good finger food for small people.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.