Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 3/21, I'll be going in for a colonoscopy.....to rule out cancer....I am FREAKED and need prayers, good thoughts, healing vibes....whatever you can send me.

I have three kids that need their mama....one is still nursing...I'm terrified.

Thank you in advance.

Mary

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
remember even if God forbid, you have a positive result, it does NOT mean your kids will lose their mama! cancer is not a death sentence! there is so much hope!

but of course I will pray that the result is benign.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully just a false alarm, but if not, here's a success story:

Colon cancer, if detected early is very curable. My dad had a three inch tumor in his colon five years ago and they did surgery to remove it but decided he didn't need any further treated (no radiation or chemo). He's been cancer free since and has even had another baby since then.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Good luck it is scary. I have a terrible family history with colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy last year and everything came back good. Wishing you the very best.
How did it go....were you scared?

mary

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
I will be sending you healing vibes from now on every day.

Thanks, I'M FREAKED out....dont like "procedures" or the allopathic type of thinking...but feel that I need to find out what they hell is going on?

I have occasional bleeding...in my stools...with mucus...sorry for TMI...

Seems to follow stress and panic?????????

Go weeks and I'm fine..then panic...and specks of blood in mucus?

What do you think?

My GI dr. DOES not think it is cancer...but..I ALWAYS worry about the worse case...have been that way ALL MY life...if you could have eyebrow cancer..then I would worry about it.

Mary

PLEASE keep the good thoughts coming!!

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doula mary View Post
I ALWAYS worry about the worse case...have been that way ALL MY life...if you could have eyebrow cancer..then I would worry about it.
I am exactly the same way. You have all my good thoughts. Waiting must be very difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.