Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this is long.

I am gonna start with the beginging. The first headache I remeber her having is off the bus from preschool. She would then occasionally get them with no specific triggers maybe riding in the car etc. She has continued to have them over the yrs she is 9 now tylenol will take them away However last week she had a headache for 2 days that wouldnt go away and also had fever. I took her to Dr because the week before this she was real sinus congested and that seemed to be ok then she hit hte big hedache and fever. Well, Dr didnt seem concerned said lots of kids get headaches and vbery rarely are they ORGANIC in nature he checked her over real good we talked about migranes etc and felt that this headache was due to a cold or virus. So we left and that day I let her use a facial steamer and that would take her headache away with in minutes. They have been less and less over the last couple days yesterday she didnt even have one. Today she was fine allday until about 8 oclock we had been gone all day running errand and such she was fine allday till about 8 she started to get a headache. oh she gets them in her forehead.

I also wanted to mention that I took her to see our Chiro whom I respect and he also feels its nothing serious he feels its a few things the muscles in her neck are weak she has TMJ slightly she has always had a cross bite. He is very alternative and says that weak muscle in the neck have alot to do with digestion he put her on a digestive enzyme and massaged her a bit and felt she is ok no need for further testing he wants to treat her for a bit. said he would see her once a week and watch and see

I am scared silly. I dont know why she got the headche tonight I dont know why she ever gets them there is NO real pattern to them. They are always in her forehead. It isnt like she gets them every day she takes spurts with them but they will just pop up. most often if I give meds they will work.

Can any of you help a worried mom. She doesnt have any other symptoms sickenss, dizziness, lack of appitite none of that. I am considering a neurologist to be sure but I am so sick with fear.

thanks for reading all this

amy

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Has she had her eyesight checked lately? I've had headaches all my life. Many forms including sinus headaches, migraines and some due to straining my eyes to see better. The latter, I would usually feel around my eyes and forehead.

I also get headaches from different kinds of lighting. Sometimes lights are just too bright or too dim. Does your DD read alot? I read anything I could get my hands on when I was little and if the lighting wasn't just right, my eyes would strain and start hurting. I usually wouldn't heed that warning, because I just couldn't put my book down, then it would turn into a full blown headache.

Have you tried massaging her scalp, forehead and temples with lavender EO? That helps me sometimes.

Some people are just prone to headaches. A lot of people in my family are. I feel for your poor DD, I hate when kids have to deal headaches.

I just thought of something else. Does your DD have long hair? Is it thick? Does she wear barrettes, ponytails or headbands? It got to a point where I couldn't wear those things w/o getting a headache.

I hope I was able to help in some way. And I hope your DD can find some relief soon.
to you and your DD.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thaks and yes she does have LOng think Lady Gadiva hair and wears it up every day.

I also thought of something she has a cross bite and she was complaining last week of righ in from of her ear hurting and I just thought it was cause of her cold and her ears are clear but that is right where your jaw connects and that is the same side that was real sore when the chiro was looking at her jaw. He said she has TMJ and I know that can give headaches.

Yes she also wears glasses for reading But I have heard headaches from eyestrain are a Myth but I hear so many people say they get eyestrain headaches so that is a possiblilty to
But on another note she has always had them so its a continual thing not eery day but enough to worry momma.

thanks
amy

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I've also had headaches for as long as I can remember...
Sinus headaches most frequently,
but I also get migraines (which are very obvious, since for me it means living in a SILENT, darkened room until it passes
: )
I do get eye-strain headaches if I don't wear my glasses or contacts (but my son doesn't)
I also get them from allergies--especially environmental allergens: new carpet, some paints, car fumes, perfumes, some incense, pollens, freshly cut grass, dust, mold.
Mold is particularly fierce, since it can be anywhere and has a tendancy to make me fuzzy-brained so I don't realize I need to move away from the area.

My sinus headaches tend to be around my eyes and temples. I get relief from them if I apply pressure to those areas of my face or if I inhale steam. Sudafed and tylenol also works well.

My allergy headaches tend to be more forehead-ish. Tylenol or asprin work on those, but I usually suffer through them (because I'm too 'off' to think of taking something
)

So....maybe allergens are the cause?
Could it maybe be a perfume or mold or something that isn't around all the time? Have you noticed any pattern with the headaches and weather?
Is it usually damp when she gets them?
Or is there a front coming through?
Things like that can be clues

hth some

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She woke up this morning with itchy eyes and allergies could be a possibility. We have a very old house which most has been redone BUT the basement is damp its more of a cellar. I do run a dehumidifier down there to keep it dry because I worry about mold so that could be possible but she also would get them before we moved here.

I am looking at every possiblity to find out what is causing them.

thanks
amy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.