Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd just loves books that are meant to be sung. I have found a few, but could anyone recommend a few more? Thanks!

Here's what we already have:

Skip to my Lou
Jingle Bells
The farmer in the dell
I Knew an old Woman who Swallowed a Fly
Old Black Fly
Hush Little Baby (Sylvia Long)
Twinkle Little Star
There's a Hole in the Bucket

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Raffi has a few books: Wheels on the bus, and Baby beluga off the top of my head. We have a version of an Itsy Bitsy Spider book but I can't find it right now to give you author/illustrator, sorry. We also have a Hush Little Baby book.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any of the Sandra Boynton books! These are some of our favorites! Snuggle Puppy and Belly Button are two of our very faves. They are all available in the board books. She also has book/cd combos- we have all 3 and they are great- Philidelphia Chickens, Rhinocerous Tap, and Dog Train. They come w/ the music cd's and a book that has the words in the first half and then the music in the second half. The cd's are in the car and we spin them up and jam out all the time.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We have We All SIng with the Same Voice because I remember it from Seasame Street when I was young.

When I looked it up on Amazon, tons of books come up in the "also bought' list like My Favorite Things, What a Wonderful World and This Land Is Your Land.

ETA: I am not a Boynton fan, but Personal Penguin and the recording of it by Davy Jones cracks me up:

http://www.workman.com/boynton/

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tatermom View Post
We have a version of an Itsy Bitsy Spider book but I can't find it right now to give you author/illustrator, sorry.
Iza Trapani has a cute Itsy Bitsy Spider book, as well as many other "song" story books. We have enjoyed Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baa Baa Black Sheep by the same author.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
We just got a beautiful "Puff the Magic Dragon" book that dd loves. I second the Raffi books, we have "Baby Beluga", "Five Little Ducks", and "The Wheels on the Bus". We also have "Miss Mary Mack", and one of dd's all time favorites was a "I'm a Little Teapot" book.

·
Registered
421 Posts
"Over in the Meadow" is a sweet counting book. The version I have isn't available in board book format, but I believe there are some that are. I have the one illustrated by Anna Vojtech.

We also love the Boyton books and Baby Beluga. If I try to read instead of sing Baby Beluga DS makes the music sign to me.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Brian Froud did a beautiful illustration of Chelsea Morning. My copy came with a CD in the back as well.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Try "Hello Hello" by Dan Zanes. It comes with a CD with 4 other songs on it, and is a great introduction to Dan Zanes if you don't already know him (think child-accessible folk music, not plinky-dinky kids' music).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.