Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried sage tincture or tea for hyperlactation syndrome, and yes I already do all the block feeding techniques and don't need any advice in that direction, I am a milk makin machine. My md prescribed pseudoephedrine for me once and this problem magically went away, same for low dose bio-identical estrogen vaginal cream that I have been using for scar tissue and a cystocele, but it creeps me out to use even the bio identical stuff while nursing. When I don't use the cream I make up to an extra 10 ounces a day, and ds is miserable if we are out somewhere and I can't pump a little off before he feeds. I just don't want to use too much sage and can't find a dose recommendation on line.
:
:
:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Sorry - don't know about the sage, but you can get pseudoephedrine without a prescription, at least in Canada. You have to ask for it - they keep it behind the counter as it is an ingredient used to make some street drug (crystal meth maybe? I'm not up on my street drugs.) It is commonly recommended for sinus infections.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.